Monday 9 July 2012

I Hardcore You

During my ticking challenge, I've had some beautiful beers from both Mikkeller and BrewDog. Their collaboration is no exception.

115: I Hardcore You, Mikkeller and BrewDog, 9.5%
An Imperial IPA, and my (growing but still relatively small) experience tells me this will be an intense hoppy number, bitter and with some malt shining through. It smells like Kernel's Citra and Stella, sweet ripe mango and lychee. Lots of mellow tropical flavours. Totally delicious. It is hardcore. It is strong, and it is very bitter and thick and heavy, and I'd struggle to drink very much. But I'd drink it again. And again. And again. In fact I did. I've now gone through three bottles. This is failing on the ticking side of things, but it is totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment