Monday 23 April 2012

St George's Day

I was planning on having a few days off the beer, since I've got ahead of myself in the challenge. Unfortunately (or fortunately, whichever way you look at it), around lunchtime, someone pointed out that today is St George's Day. So, after work, I decided to find a good cliche of a pub to go for a quick drink. I headed for The George, in Idle. It was closed. Oh well, luckily just around the corner in Apperley Bridge is The George and Dragon, even more of a cliche! I was pleased to find two English cask beers suitable for the occasion.

6: IPA, Greene King, 3.6%
My fifth IPA of the challenge, but markedly different, with much less flavour and not very bitter. Presumably due to different or fewer hops. A bit of internet research divulged that it contains Challenger hops as well as others. Despite this, it was very different to BrewDog's Challenger, which I recently ticked, and has left me confused as to why Greene King IPA was much more bland.

7: Blonde, Saltaire Brewery, 4%
A very light coloured beer, one I've had before and enjoyed. More bitterness than Greene King IPA, and much more interesting. The flavours not as complex as the hoppy IPAs from BrewDog, but a beer that is drinkable all night long. It's a good job I like it since my wedding reception is being held at Saltaire Brewery (much to Mr T's delight) but my tasting was impartial, honest!

328 beers.
333 days.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment